Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Rewarding.

The third day back at the gym has to be the most rewarding. I worked myself harder today than I did Monday or Tuesday, and I had the endurance for it! After two weeks of studying and gearing up for semester finals, the first two days were tougher than I thought they would be. I think the secret lies in the time of day you go to the gym (whatever works best for you) and not eating a lot of heavy meals in between to weigh you down. That has seriously helped me! And, because today was so good, it makes me want to go back again tomorrow. Woohoo! Whatever the scale says, though, I just want to make sure I am taking care of my body, being as active as I can be with these titanium rods fused to my spine. In spite of that, I’d say I’m doing okay so far this week. Looking forward to tomorrow’s gym time (since I have time for that, now!). I have never been good at doing things halfway…either 0% or 100% invested in something, and this is one of those things. Either I go every day or I lay out for weeks on end. Hopefully I’m not the only one who functions this way, though.

TB (PPD) test was negative, as expected, and my background check is in…so I’m officially ready to start clinicals next Monday. The SLP I will be working with travels to several different assisted living facilities, so that should be fun! It was hard to see my grandmother’s name (she passed away early February) still on some files and notes around the nurses’ station, but just a calm reminder that she is no longer ill and that she is with her Sweet Jesus. And the nurses and staff there have not forgotten her, that’s for sure. And seems like my mother made an impact as well, because they always talk about how kind my mother was to them and how dedicated she was to seeing my Nanny daily, if possible. Shine on, Mama!

No comments: